Phillip Lim launches his general population outreach at Target this Sunday. The look book shows a few interesting, affordable pieces like a creme blouse, a floral shirt dress and a flirty pajama set in a similar print. The store in Stamford opens at 8am. When Missoni was first available a year or two back, the Stamford store had a line outside starting at 6 or 7am. That isn’t so bad from what I’ve heard of other sales in the city where people (read tall, young, skinny aspiring fashionistas and models) sleep out on the street or arrive (read slightly more sane, more seasoned shopping professionals or out of towners) at the wee morning hours, even like 3am.
An alternative would be to shop online in your own jammies. Those who tried that with Missoni suffered because the flood of shoppers shut down Target’s entire website for the day. Hopefully they are more prepared!
The sale this year was almost as good as last year. The product options were a little light. I found a few good things by hunting around but unlikely these little jewels will be discovered and gone. Tunics and blouses were $95 and dresses were $150. A friend got an awesome leather jacket for $250. The shoe selection was pretty good especially the flats and were around $100. Hopefully by the end of the week, they will reduce the prices like last year. Even better!!
Its that time of year again for the annual Tory Burch sale in the NYC garment district. Here are the deets:
Tuesday, June 11th through Saturday, June 15th
Tues – Fri 11am to 7pm
Saturday 11am – 5pm
261 West 36th Street, 2nd Floor
between 7th and 8th Ave.
Side note: Last year, the Tuesday line was blocks and blocks. I went back on Thursday around 10:30am where they had opened early and discounted a number of items. They still had a great deal of product left. My friend and I still found fantastic items at bargain prices.
It’s worth a wait and then a look.
This exquisite dress is a part of the PUNK exhibit at the Met right now through August. Design by Dolce and Gabbana.
There has been a lot of hype lately about the top %’s. In our closets, we typically wear 20% of the items we hold. Switch it up for a change. Don’t save your favorites or fancies for special occations. Wear them today. And tomorrow. Go into your closet, pull them out, and plan it. I challenge you: proudly wear the other 80%.